B.A. Economics or Bachelor of Arts in Economics is an undergraduate Economics course. Economics is the social science that analyzes the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services. The curriculum comprising areas such as definition, nature, scope, concepts, utility, production, market, monopoly and other minor or major aspects of Economics. B.A. in Economics is generally three academic years and may be provided on a part-time basis by certain institutes. The course has a semester system based and it is career orienting in nature that provides many jobs for them.
- Aspiring candidates should have completed their 10+2 or its equivalent exam from a recognized Board.
- In many reputed colleges, there is an entrance exam or percentage of 12th class for admission
- Those who are willing to go for teaching fields at higher degree level i.e. college and university level both in private and government institutions.
- They should have skills like communication, numeracy, problem-solving, computing, time management and analytical skills.
- Candidates should also possess a logical and analytical bent of mind, numerical ability, an interest in current social and political activities.
- They should also have sincerity, commitment and devotion; an interest in problem-solving, a high level of patience, with a positive and optimistic attitude.
- This degree course enables the students to go to various commerce and banking related jobs.
- One can go for higher degree programs in respective subjects such as M.A. in Economics.
- The Indian Economic Service and Reserve Bank of India are excellent options open to those who want to join government services after it.
- They are placed in the Planning Commission, Planning Board, Ministry of Economic Affairs, National Sample Survey and other departments that need specialists in economics.
- Agricultural Companies
- Economic Research Institutions
- Analysis/Forecasting Firms
- Stock Exchanges
- Financial Information Firms
- Banks/Credit Unions
- International Trade Companies
- Manufacturing Firms
- Statistical Research Firms
- Economic Researcher
- Sales Analyst
- Securities Analyst Trainee
- Investment Analyst
- Fixed Income Portfolio Manager
- Investment Administrator
- Financial Service Manager
- Customer Profit Analyst
- M.A. (Economics)
- M.Phil. (Economics)
- Ph.D. (Economics)