B.E. Aeronautical Engineering or Bachelor of Engineering in Aeronautical Engineering is an undergraduate Aeronautical Engineering course. B.E. (Aeronautical Engineering) is four-year program and the course covering the study of the principles and technology used in designing, manufacturing and maintaining aircraft, missiles and space satellites and the related equipment. The focus in this field is on the design and development of aircraft and satellites and space research. The B.E. (Aeronautical Engineering) degree is recognized by the Ministry of Education, Government of India. The course is having widespread importance and career scopes for the applicants.
- The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing a B.E. (Aeronautical Engineering) degree is qualifying 10+2 or equivalent examination, with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with a reasonably high percentage of marks in the aggregate and clearing the different national and state level entrance exams conducted by different universities and colleges across the country.
- Selection to the B.E. (Aeronautical Engineering) degree course is based on marks secured in the final merit i.e. total marks aggregated in the final exams of 10+2 and the entrance exams.
- A Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) is conducted by Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) in the country. The entrance to the IITs can be secured only after clearing this JEE. Most of the institutes conducting B.E. (Aeronautical Engineering) degree courses consider JEE score as the qualifying grade, though there are also different national and state level entrance exams such as All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) conducted by different universities and colleges across the country.
- An examination is also conducted by the Associate Membership of the Institute of Engineers (AMIE), which enables working people in the private/public sector and diploma holders to acquire a Bachelor's degree in Aeronautical Engineering through distance education. This Associate Membership examination of the Institute of Engineers (AMIE) is conducted by the Aeronautical Society of India (ASI). The degree awarded is considered equivalent to a regular B.E. (Aeronautical Engineering) degree.
- This field of engineering is technically demanding and challenging; so, candidates having these types of skills can go for the course undoubtedly.
- Candidates who have strong mathematical base and have a creative and analytical mind are also good suit for it.
- Students those who are good physically as this degree is in defence also are suitable for this course
- B.E. (Aeronautical Engineering) degree courses are designed for study in one of the most technologically advanced branches of engineering.
- The Bachelor’s degree in Aeronautical Engineering imparts versatile training to students in areas like designing, manufacturing and development of aircraft, missiles and spaceships.
- An aeronautical engineer can also design, develop and test new and advanced technologies in the field of defence and space sciences.
- In addition to working in areas like design, development, and maintenance of aircraft, missiles, satellites and spacecraft, the B.E. (Aeronautical Engineering) degree holders also have the options of holding many managerial and faculty positions in various colleges and institutes.
- Domestic and International Airlines
- Government owned Aircraft service/manufacturing units and research agencies such as Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. (HAL), Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), National Aeronautical Lab (NAL), Aeronautical Development Establishment, Civil Aviation Department etc.
- The Defence Services and Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) are the two major employers of Aeronautical Engineers.
- Numerous job opportunities for Aeronautical Engineers are also available in the countries like United States of America (USA), France, United Kingdom (UK) and Germany. As a matter of fact, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) in the United States employ a very good percentage of Indians as engineers and technical professionals.
- Colleges & Universities
- Space Agencies
- GPS Stations
- Research & Development Centers
- IT Companies
- Professor/Assist. Prof./Assoc. Prof.
- Instructor/Assistant Instructor
- Mechanical Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Corporate Trainer cum Design Engineer
- System Safety Management Engineer
- Engineer/Senior Engineer
- M.Tech. (Aeronautical Engineering)
- Ph.D. (Aeronautical Engineering)