M.C.A. or Master of Computer Applications is a postgraduate Information Technology course. Computer Application is a use of the computer to solve a specific problem or to accomplish a job for an end user. For example, common business computer applications include sales order processing, inventory control, and payroll. It is popularly known as M.C.A. which is an abbreviated form of Master Computer Applications. The duration of Master of Computer Applications is three years, divided into several semesters which are generally six in number. Generally, the 1st year course is aimed at skills development in computers using various technologies, the 2nd year is more focused providing a conceptual framework and the 3rd year provides the specialization and the project work. Master of Computer Applications is a computer science degree whose curriculum is primarily based on the development of application software in diverse areas.
- Application Software
- Hardware Technology
- Management Information Systems
- Software Development
- Systems Management
- Systems Development
- Systems Engineering
- Any graduate who has passed or appearing for the final year degree examination in any discipline (Science, Commerce, Arts, Engineering or any approved University) is eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have mathematics as a subject in their 10+2 course or any one year of graduation. B.C.A. qualified candidates can also pursue M.C.A.
- M.C.A. is perfectly suited for B.C.A. graduates as they already have a foundation favourable for pursuing this degree. MCA is a course exclusively designed to meet the IT requirements of IT Trained Students for various organizations.
- Those who want to have advanced education in planning, designing and building of complex commercial application software and system software should pursue this degree.
- MCA is also meant for those graduates who want a productive career in the software industry or academia.
- Master of Computer Applications provides a complete professional grooming which is essential for a successful career in the IT Industry.
- An M.C.A. graduate can work for any IT company big or small as a system developer and various other roles.
- They can become teacher and lecturer as per their educational qualification both on a private basis and after passing some certain degrees (B.Ed. & UGC-NET) they can go for permanent jobs.
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Software Engineer or Programmer
- Computer Support Service Specialist
- Software Developer
- Computer Presentation Specialist
- Software Publisher
- Commercial & Industrial Designer
- Project Leader
- Database Administrator
- Computer Scientist
- Junior Programmer
- Chief Information Officer
- Information Systems Manager
- Systems Administrator
M.Phil. (Computer Applications)