B.H.M or Bachelor of Hospitality Management is an undergraduate Management course. Hospitality management is the academic study of the hospitality industry. Bachelor of Hospitality Management (BHM) provides students with sufficient knowledge and skills to carry out the administrative operations of clinical and support service departments. The Candidate of Bachelor of Hospitality Management (BHM) is involved in the overall coordination of activities of the hospital. The duration of the course is three years and its syllabus are divided into six semesters. After passing the course they have many job options in various fields.
- The basic eligibility criterion for pursuing B.H.M. (Hospitality Management) degree is qualifying 10+2 or equivalent examination in Science stream with a minimum of 50% marks secured from a recognized board of the country.
- Some reputed colleges and institutes conduct an entrance examination for admission.
- They should have analytical, critical and problem-solving skills, developed through researching, evaluating and presenting arguments and data.
- Other skills are IT skills to collect, analyse and present information in spreadsheets and databases; written communication skills, gained from a report and essay writing.
- Candidates should have negotiation and teamwork skills, developed through working both independently and on group projects; leadership and delegation skills, gained through group work.
- They should also possess leadership and delegation skills which are necessary for the course and then for a career.
- The study of Bachelor of Hospital Management (BHM) helps candidates to identify the changing technological need of the Company and to act in pace with the same.
- Degree serves as a basis for further higher studies in this field such as M.Sc., M.B.A.
- The course helps to find opportunities with public health departments, nursing homes, etc apart from hospitals. By gaining experience in the role of hospital manager, one can move into the role of CEO or head of the department of the organizations.
- They can also go for tourism which covers provision for tourists, both in the UK and abroad. The travel industry is closely linked. Employers include tourist boards, tour operators and travel agents, tourist information centres and any business associated with a tourist attraction.
- Colleges & Universities
- Tour Agencies
- Hospitality Management Faculty
- Customer Service
- Relationship Manager
- Hospitality & Catering Manager
- Corporate Sales Manager
- Hospitality Trainer
- Client Relationship Officer
M.B.A. (Hospitality Management)