About The College
Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology
Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology (Sir MVIT) is an Institute of repute in the state of Karnataka founded by Sri Krishnadevaraya Educational Trust (Sri KET) in 1986 . The institute offers nine B.E. degree programs in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Communication, Computer Science & Engg., Industrial Engineering & Management, Telecommunication, Information Science and Bio Technology and four Masters Programs in Computer Applications, Business Administration, Computer Integrated Manufacturing and Electronics.
Sir MVIT is situated on a vast campus of 133 acres on the Bellary road near Air Force station, Yelahanka, close to Bengaluru International Airport (21 km from Bangalore city station). The institute has 2800 students & over 260 well-experienced faculty members, fully equipped labs (including project labs), seminar halls (For each department adequately equipped with multimedia facilities).
The college has a full-fledged training & placement cell headed by an officer with vast experience in HR / HRD matters.Top companies like WIPRO, ADITI TECHNOLOGIES, INFOSYS, COGNIZANT, HP, De-Shaw, TCS, CROMPTON GREAVES, TATA ELXSI, ACCENTURE, ROBERT BOSCH, ITC INFOTECH, HCL Technologies, L&T INFOTECH , CARITOR INDIA, BIRLASOFT, SASKEN, LG SOFT, SONATA SOFT, ACCORD SOFTWARE. HUGHES, CATER PILLAR, SATYAM, MINDTREE, IGATE, IFLEX etc have been conducting campus recruitment in the institute students on continuous basis. Every year around 35 to 40 top companies (including non-IT companies) visit the institute and 90 to 100% students are placed.
This institute is identified by All India Council for Technical Education as a c- Nance training center. Apart from the curricular activities, there are adequate facilities for sports / games, cultural activities.
The vision of Sir MVIT is to become an autonomous Institute and later to be a Deemed University of repute through concerted efforts of our management, faculty and students.
- Departmental Forums – Each department has a forum to update the knowledge of students and staff in their fields of studies. Three hours every week are exclusively earmarked for this purpose.
- Seminar hall with modern facilities in each department.
- Objective type testing for knowledge upgradation.
- Project Laboratory and Wireless LAN for students to carry out projects as part of their curriculum.
- Hobby centre for creative work in science and engineering.
- Central Instrument Service facility.
- Susamskriti, a cultural forum.
- Kalanjali, an Inter-collegiate cultural extravaganza.
- Technotsav, an inter-collegiate technical festival and a symposium on recent advances in technology to coincide with National Technology Day on 11th of May each year.
- Outdoor Sports Complex, spread over 30 acres, comprising of stadia for Cricket, Soccer, Hockey, Tennis and Volley Ball courts and an Athletic track.
- Indoor Games Complex, having facilities for Shuttle Badminton, Table Tennis and other indoor games, a well-equipped Gymnasium.
- N. Narayana Raju Memorial Inter-Collegiate Cricket Tournament.
- Uninterrupted power supply.
- Local Guardian Scheme to give personal attention to each student by the staff.
- Rain Water harvesting to meet water needs in the campus.
- Subscription of E-Journals published by INDEST-AICTE consortium.
Sir MVIT offers an eco-friendly campus life. It is a safe and secure campus. Students will find the beautiful and peaceful campus a great place to live. When they wish to do something technical or non-technical there are a lot of choices available to them. Students can pursue the passions they bring to the campus. There are many recreational facilities, hobby clubs, sports facilities and cultural facilities, co-curricular facilities and extra curricular facilities inside the campus.
We have some of the best sports facilities a campus can offer, placing emphasis on both indoor and outdoor sports with a Cricket and Football field, Volleyball and Basket ball courts. The Indoor stadium has a Badminton court and other games like Table Tennis and Carrom for students to take a well-deserved break from academics and unwind.
Bank & ATM
The Campus has Kotak Mahindra Bank branch in the premises for providing banking facilities to the Students and Staff members. The bank functions six days a week. ATM facility is also available in the Campus.
The campus has its own Internet Center with 80 terminals that provides browsing facilities to all students. The Center remains open till 9:00 PM in the evening on all working days. The college is connected to Airtel Broadband with 8 Mbps link
Our institute has a fleet of college buses to make travel easy for students from different parts of the city, with travel passes issued to interested students and faculty.
Library and Information Centre is located in an independent spacious block with an area of 1700 Sq.m. The library has about 64,897 volumes of books and 1237 bound volumes of periodicals. The centre subscribes to E – Journals through VTU Consortium.
Research And Development Cell
Affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University
Approved by All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi
Accredited by National Board of Accreditation, New Delhi.
Sir MVIT is an ISO 9001:2008 Certified Institution.