Download Dr MV Shetty College of Social Work Fee Structure 2022
About The College
Dr MV Shetty College of Social Work
Dr MV Shetty College of Social Work was established in the year 1999. It is the second college to start Social Work education under Mangalore University. The college offers Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW).
Dr. M. V. Shetty Memorial Trust is managed by the Founder, Dr. M.Ramgopal Shetty, who is the Secretary and Executive Officer of the Trust. Dr. M.R. Shetty has been closely associated with the academic bodies of Mangalore University and Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences since their inception. He was a member of both the Academic Council and Syndicate of Mangalore University for several terms and of the Syndicate of RGUHS and has contributed to the vocationalizing of courses especially in the allied medical field of University education. He founded Dr. M. V. Shetty Memorial Trust and through the Trust he was instrumental in introducing many vocational courses in Nursing, Physiotherapy, Speech and Hearing, Medical Laboratory Technology and Social Work and Education under Mangalore University. Some of these were later transferred to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
- To foster an atmosphere of intellectual discipline that facilitates teaching and learning process contributing towards improving the skills and knowledge base of the profession
- To provide an environment for the holistic development of students through academic , co-curricular and outreach programmes .
- To prepare competent social work professionals who can meet the demands of the multicultural diverse population and support individuals capacity to address their own needs
MSW being a professional course, the curriculum consists of theory classes, filed work/ practical training, rural camps, study tours, seminars, dissertation, block placement/ Internship etc.
The duration of the course is of Two Years (Four Semesters).
The eligibility for admission to the first semester (First Year) of the MSW degree programme is open to all candidates, who have passed Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Science, Commerce, BBM, Law, HRD or any other Course conducted by the Mangalore University or its equivalent there to approved by Mangalore University with a minimum of 45% marks in optionals and 40% marks in the case of SC/ST candidates.
Documents required for Admission
Following Original Certificates should be submitted at the time of Admission with one set of attested copy.
- S.S.L.C. (10th)
- Marks cards of the qualifying exam
- Transfer certificate issued by the college
- Character/conduct certificate issued by the College/School last studied
- Provisional Pass Certificate.
- Migration certificate issued by the University for students other than Mangalore University
- Eligibility certificate from mangalore Uinversity for students who have completed their qualifying examinations outside Karnataka
- Physical fitness certificate issued by the Government Medical Officer
- Pass port size photograph
- For students from Nepal: Nepalese citizenship certificate and date of birth in Indian Almanac (A.D.)
- For students from other country: Pass port and student visa and date of birth in Indian Almanac.
Facility in Dr MV Shetty College of Social Work
Separate hostels are provided for both boys and girls. Hostel compulsory for girls till the completion of their course. Hostel is compulsory for boys during first year.
The hostel inmates are also provided with breakfast, lunch, evening tea and dinner. The Trust takes care to serve the students with hygienic food and to keep the kitchen and the dining halls clean and tidy. The concept of the Trust regarding the hostel is to make the student feel a home away from home.
Dr. M.V.Shetty Memorial Trust maintains a fleet of vehicles including several buses to transport students to both study centers and to respective hostels. The transport facility is also provided to students for Clinicals, University related works, fests for sports and cultural competitions held in different colleges.
Sports and Games Facility
The college managed by Dr.M.V.Shetty Memorial trust has a physical education department managed by the director of physical education. The student of the college regularly participate in inter – collegiate tournaments in various sports and games events both within the university area and outside the university. The physical Education Department of the College regularly organizes Inter Collegiate competitions in various sports events and Inter College Tournaments in games events generally in the month of January every year.
The college Library is spacious and open to both students and staff of the college, who have library membership cards. The college has four libraries equipped with about 14000 volumes of books related to the subjects, 40 National and International journals and E-Journal, 1100 back volumes of the journals and nearly 1400 thesis also available in the Library.
Spacious Canteen facility for both staff and students of the colleges and run by an experienced Caterer of repute. The Canteen also have a modern kitchen equipped with facilities for hygienic food preparation.
Vegetarian and non vegetarian foods, soft drinks, ice creams and snacks are also provided in the canteen at nominal cost. Both North Indian and South Indian dishes are also provided in the Canteen for the choice of students
The Computer Center started in the year 1994 at the College Campus, thus impart training programme on basic knowledge on computers and its applications to students
The ATM of the Corporation Bank in the premises of the building . Availed by both student and staff of the colleges .