Download CMR School of Design Fee Structure 2022
About The College
CMR School of Design
CMR School of Design (SOD) Bangalore established in the year 2021. The emphasis on “Practice to Theory” and “Theory to Practice” makes the Design programme competitive and relevant to society. The Maker-Centered pedagogy, followed at the School of Design, is an integrated process of hands-on experiential learning and independent thinking.
The school’s faculty bring decades of experience from the highest levels of their profession. At CMRU, leading Design professionals from India and abroad offer students an insight into the trends and requirements of the real-world within the academic framework.
To nurture creative thinkers and doers who will drive positive global change by Design.
CMRU School of Design is dedicated to nurture and deliver generations of self-aware design professionals to the world, in a holistic Design Education model, who take responsibility to design and implement a positive change to a variety of human sectors and conditions, driven by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) and empowered by relevant knowledge, skills and human-centric attitude that cares about planet Earth.
- To perpetuate a collaborative spirit, space and competence driven by Design Thinking and Design Doing equally, and UN SDG’s.
- To house mutually beneficial programs partnering with the industry, individual professionals, communities, institutions and organizations on local, national and global level.
- To facilitate an ambience for interdisciplinary engagement within the CMR School of Design, across CMR University and beyond.
- To nurture and facilitate personal growth and self-awareness of each individual student and faculty members
- To facilitate necessary framework for the faculty and students to engage in professional competitions, assignments, and research.
- Engage with design practitioners, industry, civic bodies and the general public to work towards addressing the UN SDGs on a global level.
- Create mechanisms to understand and address societal problems in order to make a positive impact in social, economic and ecological terms via design.
- Create opportunities for students to take the entrepreneurial route by engaging and encouraging them in collaborative ventures, competitions, and project pitches.
CMR believes that the best of learning happens hands-on, which is why we have integrated Design Thinking Philosophy in our academic curriculum in order to enable and empower our students to tackle industry demands. In this regard, the School of Design has established specialized Design Labs and Studios for according practical exposure to students:
Cricket Ground |Football Ground |Athletics Ground
Unlike in other disciplines, placement of each individual design student depends on the portfolio of work. The best projects are curated and compiled in a portfolio which is presented with the potential industry employers during the placements.
CMRU SOD dedicated to ensure students receive early exposure, work on collaborative projectsat CMRU .