Download Canara Engineering College Fee Structure 2022
About The College
Canara Engineering College
Canara Engineering College (CEC) was established in 2001 in Mangalore, Karnataka. The college is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum and also offers BE in 5 different fields of engineering and technology along with an MTech degree course in Computer Science and Engineering.
- Firstly ,application process conducted by Canara Engineering College is strictly offline.
- Secondly, the applicants must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, English, Mathematics/ Biology/ Computer Science/ Electronics and a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate.
- Selection criterion is based on the rank scored in JEE Main/ KCET.
- For M.Tech, a bachelor’s degree in engineering and technology (BE/ B.Tech) with at least 50% marks is mandatory.
- Applicants are also selected on the basis of merit in GATE/ PGCET.
Admission process in Canara Engineering College
Canara Engineering College offers 5 courses under Bachelor of Engineering degree. Specialization includes Electronics and Communication, Computer Science, Mechanical, Information Science, Electrical & Electronics Engineering. However, students should score minimum 45% in 10+2 or equivalent examination from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology and English as subjects. Hence , final selection is based on the merit in KCET / JEE Main.
The diploma holders in polytechnic/ engineering and technology with 45% marks are also eligible to apply.
SC/ ST/ OBC categories with relaxation of 5% to the aggregate score of qualifying examination.
Of the total intake, 40% seats filled through KCET while 30% each allotted under Konkani quota and NRI/ Others.
Candidates seeking admission in Canara Engineering College must apply offline with the college. However, candidates have to register online with KCET/ JEE Main/ GATE/ PGCET on the respective official websites to appear for the entrance examination.
Follow the below steps of the application procedure to apply for admission in the college:
- Firstly , collect application form from the admission office of the college.
- Secondly , Fill the application form correctly.
- Affix the passport sized photograph on the designated places in the form.
- Finally , Attach the documents, as mentioned below –
- SSLC/ 10th mark sheet and passing certificate
- PUC II/ 10+2 mark sheet and passing certificate
- BE/ B.Tech mark sheet and degree
- KCET/ JEE-MAINS/ KRLMPCA/ GATE/ PGCET Admit Card & Score Card
- Original Migration Certificate (For Non-Karnataka students only)
- Passport sized & stamp-sized photographs – 06 each
- Original Transfer Certificate
- Original Character/ Conduct Certificate
- Photocopy of Address proof
- Konkani Mother Tongue certificate issued by the Head of the Institution in the format issued by CEC
- Original Medical Fitness Certificate & Blood Group Certificate
- A SB account of candidate with Canara Bank
- Affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum
- Recognized by Govt of Karnataka
- Approved by AICTE , New Delhi