- BSc Cardiac Care Technology
- BSc Medical Imaging Technology
- BSc Medical Laboratory Technology
- BSc Neuroscience Technology
- BSc Nursing
- BSc Operation Theatre & Anaesthesia Technology
- BSc Optometry
- BSc Perfusion Technology
- BSc Radiotherapy Technology
- BSc Renal Dialysis Technology
- BSc Respiratory Therapy
- MSc Echocardiography
- MSc Medical Imaging Technology
- MSc Medical Lab Technology
- MSc Perfusion Technology
- MSc Psychology
Download A J College Mangalore Fee Structure 2022
About The College
A J Institute of Medical Science & Research Centre
A J Institute of Medical Science & Research Centre, Mangalore (AJIMS) may be a medical college in Mangalore with an annual intake of one hundred fifty students. A J College Mangalore was established in 2002. The medical school is currently related with RGUHS and recognized by the medical council of Asian countries.
The college building is constructed on sloping land, overlooking the city. It provides an aesthetic ambience coupled with a breath-taking bird’s eye view of the city. It is managed by Laxmi Memorial Education Trust and is attached to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, city and is recognized by Medical Council and Dental Council of Asian country.
A J Institute of Medical Science & Research Centre (AJIMS) is located on a 30-acre campus snuggled against the lush greenery of this coastal paradise of Mangalore. The city is well joined by railways, roads, air and seaports respectively. The various buildings and blocks of the college on the huge campus are elegantly built to complement the land.
AJ Hospital and Research Centre 360° Virtual Tour
A. J. Medical College
A.J. Hospital & Research Center is a Super specialty NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare) Accredited, 1100 bedded Hospital and it was the first hospital to do following steps in this region as Renal Transplantation – live as well as cadaveric, Cadaveric Organ Retrieval, drug-eluting stent placement, Pediatric Lap Nephrectomy, Pediatric Carotid stenting, Limb Replantation’s, Interventional Radiology and Comprehensive Stroke Unit .
A J Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre facilities such as PET CT, Gamma Camera, Triple Energy Linear Accelerator with IGRT, 128 slice Dual Source CT, 1.5 Tesla 18 channel MRI, Dual detector Digital Radiography and Dexa Scan. A division of arthroscopy is available.
Health Centres – Primary Health Centres and Rural/Urban Health Training Centres
- PHC I – Balthila; located 25 km from the college
- PHC II – Sajipanadu; located 27 km from the college
- PHC III – Panemaglore; located 25 km from the college
- UHTC – Kavoor; located 01 km from the college
Facilities Provided By A J College
A J Institute of Medical Sciences has Electronic, Hybrid and Digital Library. A Well-Stocked Library with a collection of 14,428 Books and also subscribed around 138 International Journals. EJournal Subscription likes CYGNUS, EBSCO and J-Gate and having a database of over 2,500 listed companies in about 2000 journals and facilitated with MANLIBNET, INFLIBNET and ERNET. AJIMS Library standard the importance of textbooks and reference materials in higher education from inception and is firmly trying to expand the best to its users with the seating capacity of more than 150 Members Reading Hall.
AJ Hospital Laboratory is working under the application of leading-edge technology. All laboratories of the Institution are fully equipped. The Anatomy and Physiology Laboratories are well equipped. The Nursing Laboratory is fully-fledged with dummies, models, manikins, charts, and all equipment needed for the student’s learning.
A. J. Hospital & Research Center maintains well equipped, modern labs for Clinical Pathology, Haematology, Biochemistry and Microbiology. These labs have been covered with fully computerized equipments which insures accuracy and dependability of the investigations done. A Computer Lab with a large number of computer systems, internet & e-mail connectivity is available. A. J. Hospital’s laboratories and blood bank follow rigid quality control measures and are covered under internal and external quality declaration programs.
Faculty and Staff Members
A. J. Institute of Medical Science & Research Centre have around 300 Teaching Staffs and more than 150 Non-Teaching Staffs are rendering their services for developing the health care of the general public.
A. J. Medical College has separate hostels for boys and girls. Life in hostels always provides many wits and fond memories. Likewise, each room provided with all modern residential facilities with a neat environment, for boarding and other recreational activities.
Aquaguard water filters provide clean water for drinking. Power Generator backup facility to ensure uninterrupted power supply in the Mess Hall and corridors. A Reading Room provides a venue for extra-curricular activities and some relaxation. Furnished Guest Rooms are provided for occasional stay of father/brothers and men faculty.
Anti-Ragging Cell and Disciplinary Committee helps create a Hostile Environment that places emphasis on learning and personal growth. Hostel has a Zero Tolerance Policy on Ragging, in line with the judgment of the Supreme Court of India, UGC guidelines, State Government and University policy.
Theoretical expertise is imparted to students in spacious class rooms equipped with mike system, OHP & LCD Projector. College uniform is compulsory in the campus and clinical postings.
Providing classrooms and the necessary amenities for learning and teaching. Modern teaching aids such as television, whiteboards, etc are extensively used for the delivery of education.
Institute classrooms are spacious, well ventilated, disturbance-free with wide corridors. With a sprawling learning zone, several clinics, a wide variety of labs, adjacent to a teacher’s room, each department is planned for convenience for students, employees, and visitors alike.
The auditorium is built to mirror the commitment we have to provide the best of infrastructure to the students. The auditorium is well equipped with the best of audio-visual facilities and is abuzz with activity throughout the year. It is one area that encourages students to be more creative, overcome the fear of the stage and become more confident. Keeping in mind the acoustics and optimum seating arrangement, the auditorium occupies a pride of place in the campus.
Sports & Gymnastics
It provides adequate indoor & outdoor sports facilities. The sports facilities in the campus consist of an athletic turf track of 200 mtr, football ground, cricket pitch, basketball, volleyball and basketball courts. The campus also provides indoor games like Table Tennis, Chess and Carroms.
The institute attaches prime importance to the physical fitness of the students.
A well equipped air conditioned multi-Gymnasium is housed in 5500 sq. ft building is kept open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. for the benefit of students and hostellers. Equipments consist of Treadmills, elliptical trainers, exercise bikes, rowing machines and full fledged multi-gym.
Below we have mentioned the complete fee structure of AJ Group of Colleges Mangalore. To check the UG & PG Courses Fee structure, Click here.
Courses Offered by A J College Mangalore
The MBBS course is a four and a half year period followed by a one year compulsory rotating residential internship. The lasting 12-month internship includes short courses in community health, medicine, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, child health, orthopedics, emergency medicine and various specialties. All these are according to the guidelines of the Medical Council of India. Admission to the MBBS program is based on the candidate marks obtained in the NEET-UG rank held by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
A.J Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Center offers MBBS -UG Course with total intake of 150 seats yearly and the seats are allotted through 25% for Govt Quota; 60% for Management and 15% for
The primary batch passed out of ultimate MBBS in February 2007 and completed an internship on 15 of April 2008. The college also offers post-graduation course’s i.e. M.D. and M.S. degree in various departments like Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, medical specialty & material media, Pharmacology, Pathology, Biology, Community drugs, ENT, medical specialty, medical specialty, PTCD, Anaesthesiology, Radiology, internal medicine, General Surgery, Pediatrics, Tocology & Medicine.
Karnataka NEET Counseling Process
Step 1 – Login & Registration: To enter Karnataka NEET counseling, applicants can
Click on the link provided on this page when released. Click on the ‘web counselling’
option, after which applicants require to enter their NEET rank, roll number and
registration number of the application form.
Step 2 – Choice filling Process: The online choice filling of Karnataka NEET
counseling will look on the screen. There will be a list of colleges available with
college, college code, place, courses, and the district name.
Step 3 – Saving choices: After successfully selecting & Preference, fill in the details
are chosen and click on the ‘save’ button. An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile
number, which must be entered in the space provided, then click on the ‘confirm’
button. The choices filled will be locked automatically after the scheduled time of
- A Pass in 12th Standard or Equivalent examination approved by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects, and English as one of the languages of study, with at least 50% marks in aggregate of optional subjects.
- The candidate should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission.
- Should be medically fit.
- It was compulsory for medical enthusiasts to appear for the National Eligibility and Entrance Examination (NEET) conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) after 12th grade who wish to get MBBS admission.
- The Government, Private, Central and Deemed Universities will be based on NEET score and the seats for all colleges / institutions / universities will be offered through counseling based on the eligibility score/Rank, Preferences of colleges and seats available.
MD / MS Degree and Diploma Courses
The MD-MS degree program provides a funded research experience in engineering that is expected to lead to research publishing. The MD-MS degree is designed for people who intend to pursue clinical practice and want to develop their research skills in a related area of engineering. It is well suited for students who desire a better understanding of the types of technology they may employ as practicing physicians. The program also provides practice in engineering design and analysis.
The entire course is developed to be mentor-based, enabling the students to be coached by experts attached to a recommended medical center. An MD-MS Program is a tutor-based program in which students are trained by research professionals on modern innovations in the healthcare industry.
- A Candidate affiliated to this university and who has passed final year M.B.B.S. examination after pursuing study in a medical college recognized by the Medical Council of India, from a recognized Medical College affiliated to any other University recognized as equivalent thereto, and has completed a one year compulsory rotating internship in a teaching institution or other institution recognized by the Medical Council of India, and has obtained permanent registration of any State Medical Council shall be eligible for admission.
D.M and M.Ch Courses
The Master of Surgery is the most advanced qualification in surgery. Depending upon the degree, it may be abbreviated ChM, MCh, MChir or MS. The possession of a medical degree is a prerequisite. At a typical medical school the program lasts between two and three years. The ChM can be awarded on both clinical and academic competency or academic competency. The regulations may ask for surgical experience and a thesis topic that is not purely medical.
- Candidate seeking admission for D.M. courses in any subject must possess a recognized degree of MD (or its equivalent recognized degree) in the subject specified in the regulations of the Medical Council of India from time to time.
- Candidate seeking admission for a M.Ch course in any subject must possess a recognized degree of MS (or its equivalent recognized degree) in the subject specified in the regulations of the Medical Council of India from time to time.
B.Sc. Courses in Allied Science
Bachelor of Science Allied Health Science is an undergraduate program offered for a duration of 3 years for those aiming to pursue a career in the specializations under Allied Health Sciences. Allied Health Research is a newly developed trend in human services that establishes the inclusion of medical services to a separate stream of wellness experts.
Studying BSc Allied Health Science, you will get to know about the crucial role of allied health professionals in the medical sector as they ensure the curative and preventive care of the patients. In addition to clinicians and attendants, partnered well-being specialists are a fundamental part of the holistic community, applying their expertise to the patients’ prevention, remedial and rehabilitative consideration.
To know more, about BSc Allied Health Science, click here
- A candidate seeking admission shall have studied English as one of the principal subjects during the tenure of the course shall have passed.
- Two-year Pre-University examinations or equivalent as recognized by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as subjects of study.
- Lateral Entry to the second year for allied health science courses for candidates who have passed a diploma program from the Government Boards and recognized by RGUHS. Students are eligible to take admission on the lateral entry system only in the same subject studied at diploma level.
- The minimum age for admission will be 17 years at the time of admission.
- Should be medically fit.
Documents Required For Admission
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3 Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a certificate with an attested photo from Head of
- Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License
(Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC
mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies
- Firstly, the specific application form for the program should be collected from the website of the Enrollacademy or University.
- Secondly, the submission of duly filled forms for application with essential and mandatory documents. Duly signed with the application, further applications for the fees either in demand/draft or cash to the Office of Admission, A.J College.
- After that, collect the admission confirmation letter and pay the remaining amount while starting college.