About The Course
B.Sc. Cardiac CareTechnology or Bachelor of Science in Cardiac Technology is an undergraduate Cardiology course with specialization. Cardiac technology is an area of specialization for allied health professionals. Cardiovascular technologists and technicians assist physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac (heart) and peripheral vascular (blood vessel) conditions. Cardiac technologists prepare patients for open-heart surgery and the implanting of pacemakers. Technologists monitor patients during these procedures. The course is three years duration and career orienting in nature that opens many jobs for them after its successful completion.
More Details About BSc Cardiac Care Technology
Candidates should have passed the two-year pre-university examination, or any other examination considered as equivalent and have scored not less than 40% of marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Cardiologists who perform surgery must have strong motor skills to complete delicate operations involving the heart.
- One should have discipline, patience, commitment to excel and self-confidence to become a Cardiologist.
- Students should have a strong background in medicine and science and must be detail-oriented and organized.
- They must have the ability to take decisions in life-threatening situations. The cardiologist also needs to be an expert on diet and exercise.
- They should have a desire to serve patients, have compassion towards others, be self-motivated, and be able to survive the pressures and long hours of medical education and practice.
- Candidates who prefer teaching area can opt for the position as lectures in medical colleges; but for this post, they need to pass the UGC-NET exam.
- They can be recruited in the government health sector and defence service. Those who are willing to do research work related to the heart can also do the same and become scientists in cardiology.
- They can find employment as doctors in hospitals in cardiology department, cardiac rehabilitation centres and clinics testing patients for heart problems.
- They can work in hospitals on an hourly, weekly and monthly basis. Most of them consider private practice and get self-employed by starting their own clinic. There are some who work in several hospitals as consultants as well as run their own clinic.
- Academic Institutes
- Govt./Pvt. Hospitals & Clinics
- Healthcare offices
- mentally disabled Centres
- Nursing care Homes
- Rehabilitation Centres
- Cardiovascular Technician
- Cath Lab Technician
- Consultant Nephrologist
- Dialysis Technician
- Medical Sonographer
- Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist
- Registered Cardiac Sonographer
- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist
- Registered Vascular Specialist